Friday, March 23, 2012

Super Mario RPG

Over a decade has passed since my older brother beat the SNES epic, Super Mario RPG. I downloaded this bad boy the day it released on Nintendo's Virtual Console service and haven't had the patience to full beat it. The thought I always had retail games to be played and the thought of grinding worried me, I never came to my senses to completing it.

The characters are something to shine. Mario, Peach and Bowser team up with newcomers Mallow and Geno to take down the world's new threat Smithy. Dialogue wise it's excellent. I love everyone's back story specifically Geno's. The ride wasn't too long and the difficulty was never out in the open. Basically Mario RPG isn't difficult.

Though after Smithy, I found the ending to be the best part. While every other major event was great, it never felt so good to beat an RPG in my entire life. I love this game. Everything is virtually perfect as Square did a superb job. Well, everything that has nothing to do with the platforming that is.


No comments: